Christian, husband, father. ENTP, USMC 03, III%, Paleolibertarian, Park University (2000). Well traveled, good with a rifle.
I enjoy working out, eating Keto, obscure history books, woodworking (specifically, building Telecaster-like guitars), and (like the typical ENTP) about a hundred other things that catch my eye from time to time.
I’m also a political junkie, and an investigator of provable, documented conspiracies. I have no idea who murdered JFK, I don’t have “contacts in the intelligence community,” nor do I have secret access to anything beyond the Internet. But I can add two and two, I’m half bright, and have a knack for connecting dots.
There are a great many things I’ve learned about the world, and about human nature, that I would share with anyone bored enough to read my thoughts.
When I registered this domain in mid 2015, my intent was to collect and record things I’ve learned, places I’ve been, and odds & ends that I found interesting or humorous. Along with my opinions on life, the universe, and everything (42 does not seem to be the answer).
But a funny thing happened on the way to writing about my interests…
All hell broke loose
As I began building this site, the political climate in this country took an ugly turn. I woke up to find that my vote was a ‘hate crime’ according to the deranged lunatics on TV. Of course, anyone with a lick of sense knows that there is no such thing as a “hate crime.” If you murder someone, the act itself is de facto proof of your hate.
At any rate, I felt the need to direct my energies elsewhere, and I didn’t get the opportunity to do much with ronjones.io.
However…comma… It’s time to fix bayonets and wade in. If we don’t get down to business right now, we will wake up to find ourselves in a collectivist shit hole, and avoiding mass murder at the hands of the left.
Politics won’t be my only focus though. I have dedicated time each day to work on this site, and share as much as I am able about all my interests.
Where I am coming from
It is only fair that you should know my biases so that you can understand the lens through which I view the world.
The short form version in the sub-heading of this page covers all the salient details, but some could use a bit of clarification:
- Christian – I adhere to Bible Christianity. I am a Biblical literalist and King James (a.k.a. authorized version) ‘onlyist.’
- I am a young earth creationist. I hold the “angel view” of Genesis 6. I don’t think flags belong in church. I don’t believe that Satan has yet been cast out of heaven.
- The man, Jesus, who was born just over 2,000 years ago in Bethlehem, is God come in the flesh. After he died on the cross to reconcile man with God, he rose from the dead on the third day, and ascended back to heaven 40 days later.
- Jesus will return soon to gather his saints (all believers), those who are dead will be resurrected, and those still living will be caught up.
- The resurrection of the saints (“the rapture”) occurs at Revelation 11:15, after a period of tribulation not exceeding 3.5 years.
- There are only two resurrections yet to happen. Both are described in Revelation 20. Think of them as ‘non smoking,’ and ‘smoking.’
- ENTP – If you’ve ever taken the MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) test, you may recognize it as one of the 16 possible results.
- USMC 03 – I spent nine years in the Marine Corps Infantry. 03xx is the infantry designation, my specific MOS was 0352 (TOW Missile Gunner). As the TOW missile isn’t of much use without a lot of open country, I got to take part in a lot of extracurricular activities.
- III% – I am a “Three Percenter.” I was blessed to be born in the United States to parents that loved me. I am thankful for that blessing. And I will defend her against all enemies, foreign and domestic (I’m lookin’ at you Antifa, et al.).
- Paleolibertarian – I am a ‘conservative libertarian.’ Abortion is murder, open borders amount to forced integration, I reject political correctness as creeping fascism, libertinism as a detriment to society (not to mention morally reckless). And though you should remain free to choose your own path. You should bear the responsibility of the damage you do to others. I believe in preserving the dignity of all men, and the freedom to rise to whatever level of success their intellect and industry allows.
- I graduated from Park University in 2000 with a Bachelor’s in finance thanks to the Marine Corps’ tuition assistance program.
- I have traveled this rock extensively, and am always ready for an adventure. I prefer the exotic to the luxurious (sometimes you can get both 😉 ), and the challenging to the mundane. A mall is a mall in any country. But an open air street market is a pleasure. My dream job would probably be writing for a travel publication.
- I like shooting. I’m good at it.
Controversies that aren’t
“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it” ~Evelyn Beatrice Hall (1868-1956) :-/
Anyone who tells you this is an idiot, or a liar. You DO have an absolute right to say what is on your mind. I do NOT have to listen, nor do I have to embrace, support or defend it. Nor SHOULD I if you express a desire to destroy my family, my culture, or my way of life. To do so would be suicide.
“We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any time” applies for anyone, and should be taught as the first rule of business.
Nationalism is a good and honorable thing. If you’re NOT a nationalist, then you’re a globalist. And we hired Trump to oppose globalism and those who seek to implement it. Further, if you are a nationalist, the color of your skin is of no importance.
There are only two genders. A tranny is part of a truck’s drive train. Putting on a dress and chopping off his cock doesn’t turn a boy into a girl. Nor does a buzz cut, a flannel shirt, and gaining 75 pounds turn a girl into a boy. The only time I ever agreed with a feminist, was when she told me she was a TERF, and then had to explain what it meant… to which I replied “well no shit Sherlock! 😉
There is no such thing as “hate speech.” And there is no such thing as a “hate crime.” The act itself is de facto proof of your hate, and screaming insults as you bludgeon someone does not make them any deader.
Speaking of feminists, I ain’t. However, I DO respect your choices, and would not dream of dictating your life… over there… away from me.
I embrace traditional gender roles. And I think a good case can be made against Carrie Nation and her band of harridans as a big contributor to society’s leftward march into collectivism and the warfare/welfare state. If you don’t like that, then don’t let the back button smack you on the ass when you leave.
Real money has intrinsic value. Watch this informative series by Mike Maloney of GoldSilver.com for more details.
The Bill of Rights does not grant or convey a single right to you. All of the rights stipulated in the Bill of Rights are negative rights because they stipulate what Washington’s government is prohibited from doing.
The right to keep and bear arms (without regard to form, function, or performance metric) is a pre-existing, natural right that is yours by virtue of the fact that you are a human being. It is non-negotiable, and cannot be rescinded by any king, court, general, or potentate.
Every man, woman, and responsible child has an unalienable individual, civil, Constitutional, and human right to obtain, own, and carry, openly or concealed, any weapon — rifle, shotgun, handgun, machinegun, ANYTHING— any time, any place, without asking anyone’s permission.L. Neil Smith (“The Atlanta Declaration”)
The word “friend” means something to me. I’ve got many acquaintances, but few friends. If you’re one of my friends, I like you because of who you are, not in spite of it. You don’t get to be my age without broken bits and lots of scars.
I was born in Georgia (United States) and I will always be a Southern man. If you want to be respected, you earn it. You earn respect by saying what you mean, meaning what you say, keeping your word, and giving yourself to a larger cause.
This applies equally whether you are a man or a woman. Indoor plumbing alone does not rate respect. Subtlety of speech is not something to which we should aspire. “Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made.” (Genesis 3:1a)
To paraphrase Robert Heinlein: “A man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, build a website, cook a meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”
Ranking the world
Moves/adds/changes as they occur to me.
My [only slightly] tongue-in-cheek ranking of things:
*While, I prefer .45 ACP for everyday carry, I feel just as safe with a 9mm or .380, as I do with a 1911. Nor am I a brand snob. Though it isn’t as polished as the Wilson Combat, my Tisas is a solid piece of gear.
I would not turn down the 5.56, but given a choice, I will usually take the 7.62. I know that there are many variants of the 1911, and Glock makes a fine weapon, to which I would trust my life. But John Moses Browning was an artist. And that’s all I have to say about that 😉
These are a few of my favorite things
Listed in no particular order. “Favorite” is subjective, no doubt they will change. Especially with music. I’m thankful we live in an age of digital music. I don’t miss the days where only three songs per CD were any good.
I wear lots of earth tones, though red and gray are probably my favorite colors. I have a couple of tattoos, and will get more, though none of them will show outside my long shirtsleeves. I don’t have piercings, historically they were the mark of a slave.
- The Creature From Jekyll Island
- A Century of War
- Hamilton’s Curse
- The Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow
- Which Version is the Bible
- The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History
- Forgotten History of the Western People
- How Capitalism Saved America
- if you want to make God really laugh, show him your business plan
- Saving Private Ryan
- Full Metal Jacket
- LOTR series – the scene “Ride of the Rohirrim” is the sort of stirring emotional scene that brings a man to tears.
- The Bourne Series
- Grosse Point Blank
- Thank You for Smoking
- Life is Beautiful
I am distantly related (at least in spirit) to Sir Mix-a-lot… I’m all about that bass. 😉 I also like tattoos, tight jeans, miniskirts, silk lingerie & bold highlights. They look good on an affectionate, encouraging woman who has an adventurous spirit, a wicked sense of humor, a sharp mind, good genes, and a subtle French manicure.
|Daisy Duke||>||Ellie Mae Clampett|
These are my thoughts and mine alone. I will update them as the need arises.
Lawrenceville, Georgia, USA
last updated, August 2018